Saturday, April 28, 2007

isn't it a lovely day to be caught in the rain? :)


here's a clip from a dance scene in "Top Hat" a musical made in 1935 starring Fred Astaire and Ginger Roberts... it's the movie with dancing "cheek to cheek" inside too :D
*lovess*

think there're problems with embedding so check it out over here!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mn1ySjcM7s

ahhh i want the soundtrack!!!

here's the lyrics for the song in the clip above

The weather is frightening.
The thunder and lightning
Seem to be having their way.
But as far as I'm concerned, it's a lovely day.
The turn in the weather
Will keep us together
So I can honestly say,
That as far as I'm concerned, it's a lovely day...
And everything's okay.

Isn't this a lovely day to be caught in the rain.
You were going on your way, now you've got to remain.

Just as you were going, leaving me all at sea,
The clouds broke, they broke and oh what a break for me.

I can see the sun up high, though we're caught in a storm.
I can see where you and I could be cozy and warm.

Let the rain pitter patter
But it really doesn't matter
If the skies are gray.
Long as I can be with you, it's a lovely day.

------

and here's the one i really really love =D



lyrics

Heaven, I'm in Heaven,
And my heart beats so that I can hardly speak;
And I seem to find the happiness I seek
When we're out together dancing, cheek to cheek.

Heaven, I'm in Heaven,
And the cares that hang around me through the week
Seem to vanish like a gambler's lucky streak
When we're out together dancing, cheek to cheek.

Oh! I love to climb a mountain,
And to reach the highest peak,
But it doesn't thrill me half as much
As dancing cheek to cheek.

Oh! I love to go out fishing
In a river or a creek,
But I don't enjoy it half as much
As dancing cheek to cheek.

Dance with me
I want my arm about you;
The charm about you
Will carry me through to Heaven

I'm in Heaven,
And my heart beats so that I can hardly speak;
And I seem to find the happiness I seek
When we're out together dancing cheek to cheek.


and some really nice quotes from it :D

"You see, every once in a while I suddenly find myself dancing." --as Jerry Travers in TOP HAT (1935).
"Always remember that the truth has never hurt any man . . . Anyway, if it does, I'll go to the hospital with you." --as Jerry Travers in TOP HAT (1935).
"If I ever forgot myself with that girl, I'd remember it." --as Jerry Travers in TOP HAT (1935).
"In dealing with a girl or horse, one just lets nature take its course." --as Jerry Travers in TOP HAT (1935).
"All's fair in love and war . . . and this is revolution!" --as Jerry Travers in TOP HAT (1935).
hits